Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Almost there



** Written Last week**

My students. I really should have just a blog to keep track of their antics, but I guess I will just mention today’s entertainment here. As an ESL support individual, I am here to help them in their regular classes, specifically English. Right now, we are prepping for finals, which include an essay during their testing period. I had to have a conversation with one of them telling them that if they don’t finish their essay, they won’t get a chance to finish it. This was after telling the same student that their activity for the day was to write a practice essay. I had to tell him about a dozen times. Only then did he put his computer away. Yes, this is my life on a daily basis.

But, that aside, I was able to finish up some wonderful things yesterday, one of which being a test for my licensure in Washington. I am still waiting for my scores for my writing portion, but I passed everything else. Yay! One step closer to being a productive member of society in Seattle!

In addition to my test, I also have finished up a gift quilt for one of my friends. I’ve been working on this one for a while now, trying to get everything put together with this. Handprints and verses were done by other members of the small group I am in, but assembling it and finishing it has been on me. 



Also, I have more finished blocks to share. I didn't do all of these in the last day, but I am excited to document them. The two starburst stars are from this tutorial which I really like. I might just have to make more of these in the future. 





And, as always, there are blocks for PoD. These are blocks two and three. Slowly working on it. 






It seems to keep getting backburnered with everything else going on, such as quilts for the Mercy Project art auction, my random desires to clean, and such. Such is life though. That's why I have started it so early. That way, I know they will be finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment