Thursday, February 5, 2015

Harry Potter Project of Doom

I'm so excited to be working on this (these) quilt(s). Soo excited. If you read back, I started working on two of these quite a while ago - one for my best friend, E, and one for myself. Yah, they got backburnered, at least until Jennifer decided to bring it back as this year's quilt a long. And I now have pictures of my blocks so far! Yay! 







I have decided to do a lot of extra blocks, some of which I am designing on my own, and some that are designed by other quilters on this same journey. So much fun. And I've really been adding a lot of blocks to my quilt. The plan for the original pattern was for a 5 by 6 grid of blocks. Yah. I surpassed that a while ago during my planning. But it just happens that there are a lot of wonderful blocks out there just screaming to be included. So they are getting included. Such is life. 





So that middle block, the one of the finished blocks I have done? That was the one released for this week. And after dealing with trying to piece together my crazy patterns I'm testing for myself, it came together soooo quickly. As in, it took me about a half hour, at most. It was such a wonderful break!

No comments:

Post a Comment