Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'm sewing again!

I thought I was going to have a lot of extra time this summer to work on projects.

Yah, right.

Moving has hogged some of my time, as well as plain laziness or resting, depending on who you ask. But I am enjoying working through everything. Purging is good. Yes. And with it, I am working on cleaning and scanning all of my paper binders for teaching.


That's what I am facing, yes. Though most of those have been scanned already. Finished up the last of the ones I have right now today. I will probably have some more, but right now, everything is scanned. And so, I celebrated!


So, this is a test run of a my color your block swap that I am doing. The final colors will be tan, orange, teal, and dark grey/black. But the test square is for my black and white quilt. The pattern is Starry Skyline, found here.


And this is my contribution for a black and white swap. Yay!


And here is the one going into my quilt! Slightly, slightly different, but still I like that factor of it. I like the disappearing 9 patch. It was good to after the square above. While I love it, it was frustrating and a pain in the but. Maybe, if I did the center swirl going different ways in multiple squares, that would be helpful. There were a lot of seams being ripped apart while I was working on it. But, I finished it! Whee!

I am still working on finishing up my quilting projects. I have to tear out some seams from my friend's quilt. The back got all ripply. Not fun, but such is life. But now is bed time, so I should get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment