Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's Sew Summer

So here we go! This week has gone by so quickly. Currently, the pants are winning. I don't know what happened, but somehow, I ended up making the wrong size pants, so I have to figure out how much I want to tear apart and how much I just want to make adjustments. 


The zipper has been such a frustrating issue. One of these days, we will get along, but I don't think it is going to be tonight. :-)

I also finished up the 12" x 12" square for a swap. This one was one where I could pick the pattern, while the receiver picks the colors. 

I am really glad to be done with this pattern. While I love it and it turns out kinda cool, it is frustrating. I hope that the recipient enjoys it when it gets there. It's currently winging its way to to Germany, so it will take a few weeks for me to hear back. 

I also have been able to get started on my Aiming for Accuracy QAL. 


I'm really excited to have this first one finished. It isn't quite as precise as I would like, but I like the colors. I'm excited to see how the rest of it turns out. There are some other people who are looking at doing two as they go, in two different color ways. I'm starting to debate doing this too. I would have to go dig through my stash though, as I am currently refusing to purchase anything unless it is connected to a pattern I am working right now. 


These are the rest of my fabrics. Pinks, oranges, reds, and purples. I am finally using my fabric stash! The only thing that I have purchased for this project is the background (dark chocolate brown). I am going to look for some batiks this next week for the edge of the quilt and the binding. 

And this is one of the surprises I had waiting for me in the mail today when I came home!


It's for my black and white quilt that I am getting squares from swapping for. It's the most eclectic one I have so far. You can't see it because I took a horrible picture, but there is a black strip over the top as well. I've been thinking about this quilt and I am contemplating doing black sashing and white cornerstones, but I'm not quite sure yet. But that is a long time out at this point. Still have quite a few more blocks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment