Monday, March 18, 2013

And it's Monday again... How did that happen?

***I wrote this at work. While at work, I referenced pictures on my phone. I then proceeded to leave my phone at work. Yep. Pictures will be posted tomorrow.***

***Edit #2: I decided to go back to work and get my phone. Now there are pictures.***

While I was on Spring Break, I just got caught up with what was going on. Well, that and sleeping. I love breaks when I can sleep as much or as little as I want and whenever I want. But the downside is I don't post. Such is life. There was a lot of adventures that were had and a lot of sewing that was done. Even some cleaning too!

Tuesday I went with some "family" (I call them family. They are all but) to Moody Gardens in Galveston. It was a lot of fun. I realized I'm finally at the place in life where I don't care if I look like a little kid or not, I am going to oooh and aaah over everything, point at stuff, and get excited. I took lots of pictures (just haven't uploaded them yet), made smash pennies to commemorate the trip, and even brought home a friend.

His name is Porter after my favorite seal at the exhibit. I know, I'm a dork. But he is just so soft, and the real Porter had such a wonderful story.

Thursday was quite the adventure as well. I handled the most cash I ever had handled to buy a car by myself (mostly) for the first time. E and I drove to Houston where we met her dad and the owner of the Jeep I ended up buying. So nerve wracking. Long story short, I had to buy a car before today (which successfully happened), which ended up happening! It has its own little quirks, but overall, she is a better rig than the one I lost.


And then came the cleaning. I have been considering taking in one of the international students at my school for the summer (which means I would lose my craft storage room), and for that to happen, I need to get my house in good condition (I am not the most organized person in the world). It is slow going, but I am starting to see the makings of a clean house! Yay!


Cleaning necessitated a trip to the dollar store (which is quite dangerous), which means I acquired quite a bit of smaller storage items, as well as some stuff to spruce up the place.


And of course, I have been sewing! Yay for sewing! I'm actually surprised that the end of this quilt is coming together as quickly as it has been. It is my first 2.5" square quilt. I started collecting these a little over six months ago due to Mary of The Curious Quilter running a PSQ swap that I stumbled upon. It was really cool, I learned lots of things, and then I became hooked!

This is what I have assembled so far

And these are what I have been working on

Hopefully they will be finished here soon so I can start on the hand stitching of the backs and then bind it. The end is in sight! How wonderful.

Last, I have been receiving swaps! So exciting. Saturday, my dog went bazerk at the postman when he came to drop off my goodies. I received five bandannas and five Easter eggs! So exciting. My offerings for these are either waiting in my mail crate or are already in the mail.


And then today, when I came home, I had more packages in the mail! Lots of green for the day!

To sum it up, lots of swapping and lots of quilting happening, which is really exciting. I didn't get around to working on the projects I had actually planned on completing, but I'm okay with that. I still have some other aspects I need to finish on one of my gift quilts before it can be finished, but I feel like it will be finished fairly soon as well. At least, that's what I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment