Saturday, March 9, 2013

So Much Fabric!

I have a problem. I admit it. I am a fabricaholic! And to help assist in my addiction is the wonderful stores of Walmart and Joann Fabrics. Walmart has wonderful remnant prices, discounting fabric, including 100% cotton, either 20%, 30%, or 50%. Then, Joann Fabrics comes along with sales combined with lots of 50% off coupons. In my defense, I have swaps to prep for, which are, officially, prepped. I have a ton of envelopes floating around this place.

So, Walmart. Lots of fun fabric in good sizes. Almost everything is over a half a yard. I'm also signed up for a bandanna swap, so I got some really fun ones.

 

The center photo is of fabric that I am going to use for clothing. I don't know quite yet what I am going to use them for, but I like them. Fun, bright prints. The photo on the right are all of the cotton fabrics that are going into my stash. I am going to cut a few strips for postage stamp quilts out of it, and then add them to my stash. 

These are the fabrics I purchased at Joann Fabrics. I spent a little more than I had planned on, but I ended up only paying half price overall. 


Well, everything but the shirt in the center picture was from Joann's. I'm making a quilt for Mercy Project's Auction this spring. I'm excited. I'm using shirts from the kids race this past year for it.


I also picked up some other pieces from Joann's for swaps. The drawing pack is for one of the swaps, and then the thread is for another swap. Yay for getting everything put together for swaps. 


I think I have a few packages to send out in the next few weeks. :-) See you all in the marrow. More stories of getting everything put together for swaps, sewing, and taming the mess in my house!

PS - I got more postcards today! Lots of fun. I especially like the octopus one.


No comments:

Post a Comment